Friday 1 May 2015

Considering Transmedia and Merchandising: Building a Jenny Figure

When starting to build these figures, I started with Jenny, for no other reason that the parts I needed to build her were easy to acquire quickly, while I had to wait for delivery time for others. I knew she should be small, as the characters had to be far larger, so I started with a base figure of the Marvel Universe Aurora (from Alpha Flight) who had the approximate body type of this character. I also researched rabbit parts that were to scale with this, and settled with Papo's Schleich line.



The only issue with these, is as Jenny is an anthropomorphic animal, her feet would be more visible when stood up straight, and these feet were very hidden. Also, due to her now being taller the feet looked to small for that of a rabbit. To get around this, I bought Papo's Kangaroo to use those feet instead.


 I also knew I would need a red coat for her, and found an ideal sized one on a Star Wars Naboo Pilot character.



Unfortunately this coat when opened was extremely baggy and wide, and looked more like a dressing gown than a trench coat.


The next step, I decided was to make the base figure and attach the hands/feet/head. So with a Stanley knife and Super glue I did this.

With the base figure done, I wanted to ensure she was to scale with the other character Callum was building, Sawyer. She is meant to be slightly smaller than he. So after realising she wasn't, I cut her legs down a bit and re-attached them to the Kangaroo feet to make her smaller.


CALLUM then made her a coat using a red human sized shirt, as he is more talented with a needle and thread. I bought a black rim for the coat to make the collar.


After doing this, using a red ribbon I covered her feet attachments up to show the end of her tights and spun a gold cord around her waist to bring back her shape and used a buckle from a 12" Hellboy coat. I then used the smallest gold chain I could find to make her necklace, and used a black cord from a men's bracelet to make her a whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment