Saturday 7 March 2015

Wild Life: Anatomy and Expressions

Here I decided to practice illustrating some of the main characters in the Wild-Life universe. As previous feedback was that I should practice anatomy, that was the first thing on my list. To do this, I decided to use some reference of something the characters body should be like, such as Akira's body being largely based of Pauline Nordin, and Ambam being built like a strongman. Once I found some reference material to practice these bodies or bodies like them, I then illustrated these bodies onto my characters, which changed their faces, but also often hands, feet, lengths of arms and lengths of legs. Sometimes I used reference material (such as below) to create the body, and when I was confident I made up some poses. Below are the final character boards for character anatomy.






After this, I started to look at expression. I wanted to be able to draw the main characters with various expressions as they often have faces for which there is no reference. I wanted to be confident in drawing these characters in a range of expressions regardless weather they would be the type of character to make said expression, their face should still be able to make it. Below are my quick tries at each characters expression which helped me figure out the three dimentionality to their faces and how it works anatomically.




No comments:

Post a Comment