Wednesday 20 March 2013

The Creature From Hell! /Evaluation

For this project I am extremely proud of the result. There are very few things I dislike about it, however there are a few mistakes that would note. There are a few scenes (such as the CGI on his horns as they grow, and his fire crown) that would never be seen in a 1930's trailer, and too much panning shots. Also the resolution is very poor, I do however argue that this does add to the old, dated effect. There are also scenes were technology can be seen that would be far too advanced, (such as the modern television). I could also say that the screen is not at the exact size it should be and the music is a bit too well composed, and played to often in the trailer than it would actually have been, but I feel that this made the trailer much more enjoyable. There are also some differences to the initial visualization, as Hellboy 2 footage could not be processed in Final Cut. My working process found solutions to these very few scenes, and i think that the piece is better for it.


On the plus side, I think the text and fonts worked very well, and the voice over work I did is believable. I also think that the old film grain (dust and scratches filter) worked well with out looking too over used and tacky, (this did take several tests). I also think the choice in Hellboy as my creature was a wise decision, as I think he lends himself to the genre very well.

Over all I am very proud of this video, and all mistakes induced I feel it is has a very 1930's/ classic horror vibe which I have captured, and that it works well. If I had more time I would perhaps create it in a higher resolution and try to select scenes with less CGI. I do
however feel that every scene did look good and worked in the trailer well.

The film can be viewed below, although I would recommend the you tube link. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1fMgDRdavs&feature=youtu.be





No comments:

Post a Comment