Saturday 16 November 2013

Location Scouting: The Bride Stone Rocks


As soon as I saw these I knew they were where I wanted to set my film. They are a jumble of strange curvaceous and jagged shapes. They are very cinematic, abstract, and beautiful. They're a 5 minutes walk from a road, so transporting equipment wouldn't be too hard,  and with a big team the only real problem is lighting and weather, so I will have to plan around that and figure out lighting. The only thing wrong with this location was the amount of wind, as I would be worried about wigs staying on! however, I was told it was usually windy during my visit and averagly was much lower. I took some photos of the sky also as it looked perfectly cloudy this day, and placed a man (my dad) in shot so you could see the scale of these rocks.
I also had some panoramic shots from a different visit as I wanted to display exactly what was around the rocks and ensure there is no windmills or traffic close by. But as you can see, this location has no flaws.
Afters visiting locations I am 100% sure that my initial thoughts were right, these rocks are the perfect place to shoot for my film and I will defiantly be using them as a location.

No comments:

Post a Comment