Thursday 21 November 2013

Responsive: Choosing an idea

For me, there is one idea in this collection that stands out. It the same as the first one that jumped to my mind that might be uncomfortable to talk about, but I do think it would prove most effective. It is about my brothers self harming years. This is a issue that is becoming more and more apparent and effected my family hugely. Though we were lucky, others are not. Self harm is a growing issue in Britain and beyond and one that I feel dose need more attention. Many suffer and it can often lead to suicide. So for our project, we will look at this, what caused it, what stopped it, and what life was like during it. Obviously it is a very sensitive issue in this group but hopefully we will work through bad memories of this time and produce an effective piece, with 1st hand research to reference. Though I know times of this project will be difficult, if the piece is effective it would be nice for others to see it, if they suffer from it also, to know there are others who have been through it and come out the other side, now perfectly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment