Monday 18 November 2013

Location Scouting: Car Park

Today I ran round Leeds to have a quick look at different Car parks I might be able to film in.

Woodhouse Lane Car Park

This was a good multistory car park in Leeds which I inquired to, and would have to for which i would have to get in contact with Parking services on 0113 3950056 but seemed fairly sure they wouldn't allow it, so its a option for me but kept looking anyway.
Leeds Met Broadcast Building

This location has a good view of buildings and a small car park just across from Wood house lane, and I thought I'd look at it from a film perspective whilst I was there.



 Unite Student accommodation

Here was a small Car park next Unite's buildings, who insisted it didn't belong to them and it was Capita's, who also said it wasn't there's and it was Unites and if Unite didn't mind my filming it was okay with them. So I asked Unite again and they said ring Unites head office to check, and if I get written permission then its okay. So I also have Unite Head offices number and shall check there also, as I feel its a brilliant location with the skyscrapers in the background it really adds to the urban city feel I wanted..



Morrisons

After asking Morrisons if I could use they're car park they responded with a no. They said its very unlikey but if you want to ring head office you can, but they sincerely doubt it, as they don't even allow photography down there, and its always very busy, if its closed shutters come down so I couldn't even do it out of hours.

The Rosebowl

This is by Leeds Metropolitan University and located above and below ground level. This was a brilliant location and after inquiring about filming here I phoned Chris Domeracki (head of health and safety) who was incredibly helpful in helping me and I am currently exploring what seems to be a very promising possibility.

Halifax Job Center Plus Car Park

Though I have no photos of this car park I know it very well and think it would provide a more than suitable location, with a tall building on one side, another car park on the other, and a Broad street Plaza leisure complex also nearby. 
As I predicted, shooting in a urban location requires much more planning and permission than a rural one.

No comments:

Post a Comment