Tuesday 13 January 2015

My Practical Element and Considering Synthesis to my Dissertaion - Part 10.

 Final Piece

This is my final piece, after choosing the cover I liked best after printing them, I selected this one and added a few more features that conventionally comics have on their covers such as bar code, price, and issue. To work on some feedback I got from the last crit, I added lots of leaves to Poison Ivy to make her a bit less Groot like, and made these leaves redder and more autumn colours to further reference Ivy's red hair, these can be seen on all the developed covers. I also decided to add a PG rating, as in my dissertation I concluded that comics should have a clear, consistent and recognisable rating system on their cover, I did however have add block yellow background to the PG triangle so's not to act like the bbfc have actually supported this, ( this is usually imprinted faintly within the yellow part of the PG symbol) but I have kept the symbol recognisable. I am proud of this cover, and think that if comics looked more like this they would be far less criticism for sexism in the comic book genre. I certainly would buy and read this comic, and would have throughout my teenage years, and as a twenty one year old male the sexism in comics featuring all women team such as Gotham City Sirens and Marvel Divas are aimed for an audience like me (though the publishers sometimes actually insist these titles are aimed at women!) Either way, if comics did appear more like this, with female characters who are individual, still look cool and not include unnecessary sexism that comics are often accused of being.






















After finishing this, I made up a work board to present the practical work I have produced for this module (except for the academic poster as I would present this separately on a different board).

No comments:

Post a Comment