Tuesday 13 January 2015

My Practical Element and Considering Synthesis to my Dissertaion - Part 3.

Design

Firstly, I designed a template to use when drawing the costumes to ensure they look neat and can quickly give an impression of how well designed the suit is and not how good the drawing is. I created a full template, a page of 4 and a page of 16.



The first character I attempted was Wonder Woman. The initial idea was to largely keep the same colours but to give her a more Greek warrior look. I also wanted to increase her armour so I played with various ways of doing this.



The next character I did was Supergirl. Here I tried different looks but always with the intention to cover her up, as the main issue I had with the other supergirl costumes was why does she always wear so much less than Superman? So to combat this an early decision was to keep her covered.



The next character Was Star Fire. An early decision with this character as stated on the mood board was to create a suit that could contain her solar energy. This would both cover her up and de-sexualise the character. Here I looked at a range of shapes and different masses to give her skeleton/ exo-skeleton the right look. I eventually chose a design I liked and developed it further.




The last character was Poison Ivy. Here I abandoned my template as I wanted to explore how anthropomorphic this character would be. To do this I had to experiment with shapes outside the conventional human body.



No comments:

Post a Comment