Tuesday 13 January 2015

My Practical Element and Considering Synthesis to my Dissertaion - Part 2.

Mood Boards

What I wanted to achive by creating Mood Boards, was to gather a selection of images of the character to reference, and look at various costumes they wear to get inspiration from, and the second was a collection of images of character who are similar (or should be)  to the character, to get even more reference images and inspiration. For Wonder Woman, it was to get a collection of images of  warriors in Wonder Woman like armour.




The idea for Supergirls was a bit different. She had a lot of different costumes and options but what they didn't do was change her hair, which always seemed a bit dysfunctional in the sense that if you spend half your time flying and battling, it would be thought that not having long hair that would always get in the way would be beneficial. It would either be short, of tied back. So I looked at various ways of doing this.



With Poison Ivy, I wanted to look at characters with similar abilities. All of which seem to be anthropomorphic plant men. So really, if she was going to be designed from a non sexist perspective, she wouldn't be a sexy looking woman, she would, like the male characters, be an anthropomorphic plant character.



The Last character, StarFire, produced a problem. She wore so little, its hard to make into something not sexist and still familiar. Even in 'Teen Titans' she wears a crop top and mini skirt. So I looked at some ideas and thought, why does it have to be so familiar? Shouldn't I create and alternative that looks like a good design that maybe keeps the colour pallet but looks more suitable? That's when I had an idea I liked. If she is a being of solar power, maybe it would be cool if she had to have some mechanical suit to contain her, and she shoot her bolts by dismembering parts of this suit temporarily to release this solar energy. I like this idea, it would cover her up and it was more functional. So I wanted to look for inspiration of how this exo-suit could work for her.



No comments:

Post a Comment