Tuesday 13 January 2015

My Practical Element and Considering Synthesis to my Dissertaion - Part 4.

Colour Experiments

Again, I started with Wonder Woman. After choosing a design I liked, I roughly coloured it and looked at how I thought she looked best. I wanted to keep her colour pallet as the design had changed quite a lot from her original costume and wanted her to still be recognisable as Wonder Woman.




The same process applied for SuperGirl, this however was a slightly longer process as I then wanted to think about changing the colours used in the costume. ultimately, I decided against this but am glad I explored it. There were many of these designs I liked, so after settling on one I explored it further by looking at the tones of the colours.







Next up was StarFire, After deciding on a suit for her, I looked at the colours, but I already a a vision in my head that her solar energy would be a yellowy fire colour, her suit would be purple and the energy keeping the parts together would be green, thus keeping the characters colour scheme together and her costume would make more sense. my favourite selection was the last four, and it is one of these I will likely be taking forward.




Lastly was Poison Ivy. In her design I chose to create this look where vines would hold her joints and muscles together, and maybe act like veins and artery's, her muscles would be made up of tissue and her bark would be where she would need to be armoured that would act as protection. I also added roses growing from her head to hint and reference Ivy's iconic red hair.






No comments:

Post a Comment