Saturday 2 May 2015

Considering Transmedia and Merchandising: Live Action Movie - Bill

Bill, was perhaps the most challenging. In order for it to work, I needed and anthro/platypus stood up right (which they do not naturally do) image. This was very difficult to find, and in the end my only option was to screengrab a frame from a television advert I found on YouTube, and only had one shot in which to take the screenshot (as its the only time the Platypus sits up right) and this just so happens to have a very bumpy camera on that blurs the shot (as he is travelling on a bumpy road). So I really had one chance to make it work, and an added difficulty, was it was in black and white. SO firstly, i had to shift the layer to multiply to add colour behind him:
 I then needed to find a loincloth (plain which was harder than anticipated to find).
 Then I colour balanced it to the correct colour.
 And gave him a head band from the same layer:
 Then, I added a feather.
 And his snow goggles:
 And poison necklace, which was just a bottle which I added strings to.
 Tattoos/markings were then added with the paint tool and given a texture and shadow to help them pop.
 I then had to add him to a background which complimented his lighting.
 Then added a cliff for him to be climbing:
 then colour balanced each layer until I felt they sat nicely together in the same image.
 Finally I added the logo. Though I think this still shows a high set of skill to create, I feel it looks less professional and convincing than the previous posters/ promotional art, and therefore is my least favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment