Tuesday 14 May 2013

Concept Art

I started by looking at different variations of castles in different exotic and dangerous locations. I tried to make my initial designs as different as possible to give me as much diversity as possible at the start so I could go on and develop my ideas further.



I then developed the underwater level with a kind of Atlantis theme, which would broken down and abandoned, but at the same time inhabited by sea creatures; a bit like in Tomb Raider: Underworld.



I then developed the castle in a tree design which would be more for Tarzan crossed with Planet of the Apes inhabitants. A place or planet where people more in touch with nature would reside who are more interested in a natural way of life.


I then also developed an island castle, using the inspiration that I took from the different castles from games and films. This I feel will be easier to model and I am more confident that I have the skills in Maya and Unity to create it.



No comments:

Post a Comment