Sunday 9 March 2014

Duck Billed Platypus: Final Concept Art

Here I drew my character in three different styles to see what he fitted best. In my opinion, I think his more realistic interpretation is the best, though this took by far longest to do and is how I woul dsee him in a live action movie, using motion capture, (similar to rocket racoon in Marvels upcoming 'Guardians of the Galaxy.") The next was of a comic looking one (seen in the previous post) but coloured in. This one I like, as I feel his future lies further in comics with an expanded world of characters. The last is my least favoraite. is is a simplified Disney looking interpretation, that thou easy to animate, in my opinion looks far worse. I am immensely proud of my character, and have provided a character design board showing his inspiration, initial designs and the thinking process that resulted in his final designs. The colour palette was obviously consistent of a duck billed platypus, but also I added reds and oranges to reflect the natural not climate and blues, to show the essence of water and his home. These two contrasting bold colours help create, in my opinion, an iconic looking character.

No comments:

Post a Comment