Saturday 22 March 2014

Responsive: Final film

This is the 2 minute version, handed in as a response to the D&AD brief. Though I like this, I don't feel it is nearly as effective as the long 12:13 edit. As it uses the same music and shots that are in it, I will review the whole film, as fitting such a long story into two minutes doesn't correlate the as well or as effectively in my opinion, and I also feel the music isn't as fluid as it seems to jump a lot, as it was recorded for the 12 minute peice. This is the link for the 2 minute version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYEbMvH-6VE

The long edit, I am immensely proud of. I feel it is a touching piece of film that was ambitious and went beyond the work required, that could have been difficult for the film makers involved, as well as being extremely challenging in a way we've never experienced. Once viewing the final film, I feel it is clear why we felt a long edit was necessary to make. A personal story or film that is this sincere and honest needs to be told right, and to put restraints on it inevitably will damage the quality and pureness of the film, and when a film maker wants to tell this story right in his vision, I feel giving him guidelines to follow is too controlling, but perhaps this was our fault for picking it as a subject when already knowing the brief requirements. Either way, we made a long edit anyway and the film has flurried for that decision. For the first time we have also had sound made specifically for our film, a decision that also was great as the sound has worked beautifully and made the film far more original. This, in my opinion, is our greatest work to date. Here is the link for the long edit of 'Remorse:'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIy9RL07_kk

No comments:

Post a Comment