Monday 10 March 2014

Final Concept Art: Raccoon

By Callum Brown

My first design is the most realistic, perhaps how I would hope see him in a live-action movie where they use motion capture techniques as well as actors, where his role can be serious or comedic, but in honesty I think this design does look too silly to be totally serious. I like the costume however a part of me feels its almost overused, so many cowboy characters have this look its almost getting boring. the colours are all khaki, and although it looks very western, I'm not sure either of these designs suit the film we are making.


Here is my more serious take of this version of the character, he certainly looks cooler and more bad-ass, but too skinny, scare-crow like, and the costume was still bugging me, too similar to so many other designs I feel its not original enough, so I decided to do another two designs, loosing the browns and creating a more fun look, for both the realistic and comedic version. I took more inspiration from my earlier designs with these, learning that sometimes the best way to move forward is by going back. I also created a board of my process over the whole design process for the character, from the characters the first inspired him, through the stages of development to finish with my final designs here. I have finished with four versions of a character I am very happy with, although the most cartoon looking one is the one I will use for the film as i think he suits it perfectly, I also love the new look for him, a character I now plan to make short comics about.




No comments:

Post a Comment