Wednesday 12 March 2014

Character Turnarounds

By Stuart Brown

In order to model my character in Maya, he required accurate turnarounds. This is so that when modeling, the modeller can get his proportions exactly right, making the job far easier. In mind of the modelling process I have reduced his amount of fingers and toes to three (like the Fantastic fours 'The Thing') and removed his necklace, as it would require much animation. If we have time, me will ad this in, and if we vastly run out of time, I'm sure his look will change subtly more (such as the feather on his head, I can already seen being a nuisance to animate.) I am still loving this 'Bill the Platypus' character and hope to produce more work on him, such as an origin story comic, before the deadline.

By Callum Brown

I soon went on to create turnarounds of my character so that it would be easier to model in Maya, ensuring all the proportions are right, to finish with a better model at the end. he is a far more simpler character, a comedic version for what we are shooting, and for modelling's sake. However I think my other more serious design is the one I will take forward to produce comics on. I love this interpretation though, his limited amount of clothes, only having the necessary items to immediately know he is a cowboy, bandit even, makes suitable for his purpose, while remaining friendly and funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment