Thursday 8 May 2014

Animating

 By Stuart Brown

Animating was not as big an issue as we initially thought it would be. I came across a strange anomaly where the mesh simply disappeared from our animation, despite the layer being on, the controls and skeleton stayed and animated but the mesh was gone, which thankfully Meg found the solution too. The process was repetitive and slow but not entirely unenjoyable, thou I think this was because I was thankful something hadn't gone very wrong for once!




By selecting every control joint from the end of the joint hierarchy and shift selecting each joint until reaching the root, and finally the master control, I went to Create>Sets>Quick Select Set and adding the set to shelf I was able to make animating far easier and quicker by moving all joints, and then pressing the quick select and pressing S. The animating process was very straight forward but as the initial character needed re-modeling it did leave less time for animating, which I would like to have had time to perfect and fine tune. That said I am very proud of this and with the help of my team mates I think this process has turned out better than we all expected, as none of us have much experience animating nor do any of us have a plan to per-sue this particular section as a profession. The next stage was to add the animation into Unity to film with the environment.

Here is a quick video of the animation to help with the sound creation and key framing for cameras in Unity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2XbEEhDIQA&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment