Friday 9 May 2014

Final Film

I am very proud of this and despite a technical fault in Unity meaning the film can't be viewed in maximum quality which is annoying, I still think the film is beyond my expectations. The modelling and environment is beautiful, with the characters even though had so many issues still in my opinion look great. The use of hand painted textures help give the animation a more personal and crafted feel, and a part I particularly love is the use of edge detection in Unity making the whole animation, with the combination of the textures, look very similar to my concept art. I also think for none of the group having experience in animating he movement is pretty good, being the right amount of an exaggerated character and real movements like a platypus (such as when he's on all four legs) helping keep the animation a comedic value.

I think it was good of the group to early on decide this film would be cartoon like and similar to the concept art and PS1 games like Spyro, as attempting photo realistic graphics with a team of three people in eight weeks is too ambitious. I am glad we decided this as I think the visual style of the piece is its strongest point, which we all helped create. That said, I am very pleased with our musicians work and think the piece fits fantastically, which helps the audience get in the mental state of the character amplifying the comedy when it cuts out for the birds eye view shot of how he really looks. The script and voice over work emphases this, almost like he is narrating himself in third person or imagining someone is, like children narrating or commentating over their own football game as they play.

Over all I am very proud of how well the team has worked to produce this piece and am glad for the experience of the project, even the Maya stages, as I have learnt a lot from it. 

This is a link to our final animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5-LKmIZe7Q&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment