Thursday 1 May 2014

Game Art and Machinima: Raccoon Walk Cycle Test

By Meg Sugden
Raccoon
I then wanted to look at the raccoon and how this can be applied to him as well. This wasn't as necessary as the raccoon doesn't actually move. But I wanted to show that I could create one anyway. For this I first looked at the actual movement of a raccoon when there on all fours as it shows a great comparison to how slow they move until they are running away from something. I actually found a very good video that demonstrates the movement of a raccoon on all fours, which to me looks quite awkward and strange as there front legs don't look long enough to hold them up. But the end shows the raccoon running away on its hind legs holding a handful of cat food, which to me is brilliant. This humour involved in this scene make our raccoon even better as you can imagine this is what he did when stealing the food.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu0XA53WQeM

I then wanted to look quickly at Meeko from Pocahontas as he has a brilliant character and is humourous and exciting to watch as he does things which appear stupid but are creatively funny. I also like the way he moves, traditional to a raccoon but then has moments where that all goes out the window and he'll do something random like dive off a cliff into water. But this is the kind of humour we want from our raccoon and also use this way of the raccoon walking.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPY3mZIx2Os

By Meg Sugden and Stuart Brown
Below is the test for the raccoon walk cycle which I am very happy with, we managed to get it in a higher quality than the platypus test and it looks really good. For this animation Stuart was mainly in charge I just helped if he needed it and offered advice on how the animation should look, but overall I really like the final result as it looks like it can go straight into the final animation. 

Walk Cycle:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bNcNe312ZM

No comments:

Post a Comment