Sunday 18 May 2014

LSCC - Jamie Tyndall

Jamie Tyndall is my favorite artist I saw during this visit, largley known for his cover art on the Zenescope Grimm fairytale line.  His work is absolutely fantastic, and something I aspire too.

Jamie Tyndall said in this review that he thought we were really good colourists, and have good colour definition in our work. He also likes our concept art and the detail in the drawings is extremely good. His only criticisms were that the eyes should be smaller on the female humans and that in places the colour is too dark in detailed areas and we are loosing the detail because of it. He also said that we should defiantly keep working on our own property as it is a really good idea.

This proved very useful, and very flattering to have a artist I admire say this about my work, and not just the drawing technique but also the idea of the world and creativity behind it. I will remember his advise when drawing in the future and especially during colouring in Photoshop.

A link to this review can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJTPVyfdyeg


No comments:

Post a Comment