Sunday 22 February 2015

Museu Marítim - Barcelona

While in Barcelona, I decided to do one more spot of research. I visited the Museu Maritim, which at the time had a special temporary Viking display. I wanted to visit this as previously we had only considered our world in the wild West, but I started to think what the North would look like and Vikings fitted the 'fantasy inspired by life' style we had already started by putting our charcters in the wild west. The longboat was the most impressive here, as somehow it seems so much larger in real life, like you only can aprreciate the scale and detail of these works of art when they lie before your eyes. But this wasn't the only amazing sight. There were many more smaller boats, and miniture sculptures that showed me ships with esquisite detail and old weapons used by the Vikings.


No comments:

Post a Comment