Wednesday 25 February 2015

Researching the North: Scotland Holiday Inspiration

After finding the locations on Frozen Planet and getting so much inspiration from Life Story and Planet Earth, I decided to visit a remote rural location for more inspiration. I visited the Highlands of Scotland, and though I visited many places, these were the most inspirational. Unfortunatly, the photos I had taken were lost when I lost my phone, so I have has to resort to secondary source images, which is particularly frustrating when I had taken many photos in Eilean Dolan Castle for reference material.


Eilean Dolan Castle

I visited Eliean Dolen Castle last summer on a holiday to the Highlands and was instantly inspired. A small castle on a Loch with one way over, it has been used in films numerous times including Highlander, James Bond - The World is Not Enough, and The New Avengers.

My instant thoughts were to have a solitary highland cow character, in full kilt who dislikes the Northern empire keeping himself to himself on his island.


Loch Ness

Loch Ness I found particularly cool for the legendary "Loch Ness Monster" it supposedly holds. Weather this is true or not, it certainly makes for a cool story and location in a fantasy world: A monster who's survived since prehistoric times living in a Loch.





No comments:

Post a Comment