Tuesday 22 October 2013

SCAMPER and SWOT Analysis

We first looked at ways in which we could solve problems during the idea process, and it follows the mnemonic SCAMPER.

Substitute
Combine
Adapt
Modify
Put to Another Use
Eliminate
Reverse


Then we looked at SWOT, which is technique for self evaluation during a project. 

Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities
Threats


We then used SWOT on ourselves to see what was our best qualities, our weaknesses that we could improve on, what our opportunities can be in our industry and then any threats that we could meet  along the way


Strengths:  
- I'm good at drawing and designing original characters
- I'm a good storyteller through various media
- I'm good at taking on board criticism to better my work


Weaknessess: 
- I lack knowledge on how to work cameras and other equipment
- My stories can sometimes be controversial
- Maya is a massive weakness to me

Opportunities:
-  Getting your work out on the internet as I usually keep them to myself
- Learning new skills in different software and equipment
- Showing more work to a bigger audience

Threats:  
- Copyright issues if things start going on the internet. 
- People could be offended by some story aspects 
- Finding time to be able to complete projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment