Wednesday 30 October 2013

Thor: The Dark World Costumes

First thing I noticed about the costumes was theat the helmets are not present on either character at all. Which I kindof like as I don't think they look as good with them, as Captain America dosen't look as good with his mask.

Though Loki's costume didn't much change, I don't mind this as I feel it was already brilliant. The shoulder pads are smaller and less impowering, (which makes sense as the character is a prisoner throughout the film) but still contains the gold and green with mostly black to empheiss his troublsome mind and untrustworthy nature.

Thors costume improves also, using darker,
well pattered blacks on the chest plate, and the cape connecting from under the shoulder discs, (a feature I like, from Thor: Reborn,) and gold within the armour. Here I can see what Charlie Wen ment by 'Warmer colours to represnt his growth and closer connection to the throne of asgard and Odin'. I also love that they finally added the leather skirted part dropping down from his chect peiece covering his crotch. This looks more mythically and closer resembles the fashion of another world and gods, seen in Thor: Reborn and Thor: Ages of Thunder.

I do however prefer his slevless look, as generally I prefer both characters less armoured. Not to say the armoured look was in any way flawed or bad, I just feel the less armoured look captured more sense of the comic book character and made the hero look even more muscualr and powerful.

On a girly note I also prefer hi hair in this film. previously it has been plain, a little un-styled and boring, where here we see it longer, sgraggly with various plats throughout it. I think this gave it a more fantastical and messier look, rather than a pretty-boy long blonde hair as previously seen. Though I do prefer the colour in Avengers, but this could just be the photo quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment