Tuesday 22 October 2013

VFX Audio Workshop

Contact Intro: Earth, Universe, Space Zoom Out
My first viewing of the Contact introduction, although I understood the relation of radio signals getting quicker, I miss the concept of them going back in time, as the camera zoomed further out from Earth. This idea was very interesting as it gives a perspective of picking up radio frequencies in space (although there is no sound in space). Although it severely exaggerated the effect, however I fell if it realistically gave the same perception, the scene wouldn't have been as powerful.


Lewton Bus: Cat People
This effect is undeniably popular since it first became apparent in this film; it was a very clever trick to scare audiences in a harmless way. This has been repeated throughout many horror films since and is now in my opinion overused and therefore somewhat clouded the originality of Cat People. 


Star Wars Episode II: Sound Design
I didn't enjoy this as much as the Episode III VFX Breakdown, but honestly that's because I have a weakness for sound design. This did open my eyes to its undeniable vital role in the film. The part I found most interesting was the use of the Foley sound effect, although I am hopeless at designing my own sound I appreciate the sound process and the people's work as a under-appreciated art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment