Monday 28 October 2013

Thor 2011: Costumes - Alexandra Byrne

Thor 2011

This was Marvel's Thor and Loki's first adaption into feature length picture. Loki's costume I feel was very well designed, specifically his casual armour. It has different and unique patterns running through it containing all the characters main colours scheme, and adding some black to all it more acceptable look in film. I also like how the coat covers the shoulders in that new fashion. His formal armour I think is a little too much. It seems too extravagant in pattern and too smooth and to look like it can withstand damage. It is, however, a very impressive piece of costume design.

Thor's I feel was also an excellent transition from the comic book look. I like the arms influenced from the Thor reborn costume, and I like how the shoulder has pads that allow the cape to flow widely and broadly off his his shoulders.

The chest piece contains an impressive amount of detail and I like the small touch of the red fabric underneath his gauntlets that match the cape.

The only weak part was the trousers. I think they look somewhat plain and boring in comparison to the rest of the costume.



No comments:

Post a Comment