Wednesday 30 October 2013

Thor vo5


 These are 13 of Thor's famous comic and film costumes by artist 'vo5.' I like his extremely cartoony work, as I feel it has a unique style and by using the same template the costumes are easier to compare.

My favorite of these are costumes 3, 4, 7, and 8, but I feel none are perfect. 8 I feel is close, but uses the wrong hammer, 5 also but the whole torso area is far from my vision of perfect.

So I took the liberty of taking these images and quickly designing my own using photoshop. I used number 13's head (for the facial hair), 13's arms but with 5's gauntlets, 7's torso and 13's trousers, with 7's boots and 8's leg armor. I also used 8's bright cape and the smaller hammer Mjolnir, as I strongly dislike Ultimate Thor's big version, seen in pictures 8 and 13.

This is the beginning of my concept art. So I firstly feel I should explore costumes I could actually purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment