Monday 28 October 2013

The Avengers 2012: Joss Weadon

The Avengers is without doubt my favorite film ever made. Its has humour, fantastic action and special effects, great characters, incredible costume design and an amazing, well choose cast. Every actor portrays their part absolutely brilliantly. Possibly my favorite thing about the film is the characters. All unique from each other, (the technological genius, the god, the solider, the monster, annnnnd the other two). Even the seventh main character is Samuel L Jackson. I love the soundtrack also, it really gives the feel of an epic superhero adventure film.


However, brilliant as it is, it isn't without flaws. I felt Captain America's costume and character wasn't perfect. His costume was plain and almost exactly like the comic book look. His mask doesn't look great, and proves no real purpose. Thor's helmet doesn't appear in the film, and Captain America doesn't have a secret identity so has no need for one. I just feel out of all the Avengers his appearance is by far the worst. the only other problem I have with the film is the scene where Black Widow interrogates and out wits Loki. Loki is meant to but the god of mischief, god of lies, and is out smarted by a spy. I felt this made Loki seem less threatening and powerful.


This said, everything else about the film is perfect, it looks and feels straight out of the best kind of comic book. The final climatic battle for New York is the best 20 minutes of cinema I've seen, the amount of breathtaking shots (The Hulk's entrance, and the panning round of the Avengers Assembled,) its everything I feel a superhero movie should be and can't imagine how the upcoming sequel can top it.

No comments:

Post a Comment