Tuesday 22 October 2013

VFX Breakdown of Star Wars Episode III

For this VFX module we looked at all the components to making 1 minute of a Star Wars film, the scene we looked at happens to be my favourite of all Star Wars films; the Mustafar dual. While it amazed me at how much people and work goes into a single scene I also found myself wishing I had the opportunity to work on a project like this. Although its on an enormous scale, I enjoyed every part of the process, though mainly the concept artists designs for the original planet.  I also really enjoyed the choreographing and the amount of detail to the costumes as they get dirtier and muckier as the fight goes on. I think this level of detail is both inspirational and motivating because although it seems repetitive, I find this particularly interesting.

Although I dislike how actors seem to get more credit than the special effects team, for a film like Star Wars, I think Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen really went above and beyond and there competitiveness really showed through in the fight. I also think this is the best acting scene in any Star Wars scene and the last speech between the two, after Anakin has been defeated, was some of the best writing and I was amazed to find out the two actors wrote this part of the scene themselves.

 The last speech

Fan Art by SimonZ Honlapja

Concept Art

No comments:

Post a Comment