Wednesday 30 October 2013

Costumes Available


Whilst looking into costumes I was very disappointed. I'll start with the worst. This one as the pattern and metals simply printed on the fabric, with a belt that's far to high and a that's 2 thirds the size it should be. It has minimal detail and looks more like a onesie. It is completely unusable and in my opinion appalling, not worth even a fiver.

The next two are improved, but still not nearly up to scratch. they look plain, clearly fake and silly. They have no impressive features and lack any imposing atmosphere. They would probably do for a Halloween fancy dress do as they resemble the character costumes but nothing more, certainly not for film. Again, the cape are half the size the should be and the metals are simply printed.

These two are better, but still not of any real use. The costumes contain more detail, and different shades of different colours giving them a more well designed appearance. Though they have muscle padding and short capes they are an improvement and sell for about £50.00, probably worth it for big fans wanting to make an impression at a fancy dress but not high enough quality for a university film project.

Finally we have these two options. These, are very high quality and ideal for my requirements. The Loki costume is very near perfect, and better than anything I think I could make. The Thor one is good, but the chain-mail armored arms look very fake. i also think boots would be required as those shoes look a bit human. Regardless, these costumes are by far the best available costing approximately between £200.00 and £300.00, which I cannot afford. Luckily, I know a friend who already has this Loki costume so I will defiantly be using this in my film. However, as I cannot afford the Thor one I will design and make my own Thor costume, bearing in mind it must match and look as if it can exist in the same universe as The Loki film costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment