Sunday 19 January 2014

Editing: Scene 2

In order to do the scene below, as I filmed Loki's run and jump separately to Thor's hammer throw, (so editing would be easier) I simply put both characters on the back-plate (masking out were the boom mike was visible at one point) keeping Loki's reflections and shadows on the floor and ceiling. I then masked around Thor's hammer, and using the same technique as I do for his flying, I added it as a seperate layer, freeze framed it, key framed it and finally added motion blur.
 The next part was to have Thor's hammer lift off the floor into Thor's hand. To do this, I took a back-plate of the hammer no on the floor, and a image of it there. So in post I masked around it, freeze framed the layer, key framed around it and added motion blur, as I did previously. I think this process is very useful and looks good for these kind of effects. Lastly, I added a shadow to the hammer as it moves, witch was feathered, key framed in position and reduced in opacity as the hammer lifts further off the ground.
 The last part was very simple. As I actually throw it down on set, I simply reversed the footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment