Tuesday 21 January 2014

Foley Sounds

I recorded some Foley sound effects too use in my film, but unfortunately they proved too quite in after effects. I was able to up to volume with some, others I found replacements for via YouTube and augmenting the sounds in after effects. Simply increasing and decreasing the speed of the sound I found often showed a range of results and reversing the speed also. Here is a list of the sounds I recorded and how I achieved them.

Scene 1
Fly + Landing - Blowing close to the microphone bang floor with foot.
"Brother! Your shifting between realms, I know the power you possess, and it is not one to be controlled, surrender it!" - Diolouge
Lightening strike - Lego Marvel Superheroes
Teleport 1. - Sucking the air out of a glass cup

Scene 2
Teleport 2
Crash landing - Stomping feet on ground
Footsteps - Recorded on site
Hammer throw - Lego Marvel Superheroes
Teleport 3+4
Stab through air- Quickly moving and wobbling a metal ruler.
Hammer grab - Lego Marvel Superheros + man made noise
Clash of weapons - Banging weights together
Teleport 5

Scene 3
Teleport 6
Clash of wepons - Banging weights together
Shot from sceptor - Made with mouth
Lava exploding - Volcanic eruption sounds
"You know not the power you wield" - Diolouge
Teleport 7

Scene 4
Thud landing - Bang on wall
Lightening bolt - Lego Marvel superheroes
Flying up.

As the diolouge was too quite, I will have to re-record this with a boom mike. The hammer noises were going to be recorded by turning off the music on the Lego Marvel Superheroes Game, but unfortunately even in the heights parts of the sky traffic and city noises can still be heard. Insted, I took clips from the Thor and Avengers films and used editing skills to decrease background noise and amplify only the hammer sounds. This worked very well and I am now happy with the strange sounds Mjolnir makes in my film. The lightening sounds I had to take from my tests as recording the game did not work, and the teleports sounds had to be changed as I had recently added a different effect and the sound did not match.


No comments:

Post a Comment