Tuesday 21 January 2014

Editing: Teleports

To create a teleport effect I looked at some of the distorting effects on after effects. I felt the most appropriate was the Bulge effect, although there was also twist, which I felt looked a little too fake. To apply this I key framed the Bulge tool to increase and decrease the size of the character/s who are teleporting into and out of shot. So if they appear they become larger in a augmented style, and if they disappear they become smaller. I used this subtly to create the idea that the landscape kind of moves before and after the characters appear, as they travel in and out of realms. I think this effect worked rather well. Initially I was also going to generate light rays but felt the were too obvious and eye catching for the subtle, seamless effect I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment