Thursday 9 January 2014

Shoot 1: Evaluation + Photos

Evaluation of Filming – Shoot 1 – Rose Bowl Car park.

Firstly, I would mention the tremendous help of Leeds Metropolitan universities Senior Health and Safety advisor Christopher Domeracki as this was what made this shoot possible.

I started by after looking at various locations, calling Mr. Domeracki about the shoot. He was enthusiastic, offered lots of help and got me in contact with everyone (including security) who should be aware of the shoot. He also forwarded all emails to these people so they were aware of every stage of planning, and reviewed my risk assessment and amended it to help. He also suggested meeting up with me on the 29th of November to talk this through on location. We did so, planned an area to corner off and took photos for reference. His help was upmost appreciated and made my job or organising this shoot tenfold easier.

Upon location, filming went well. It was slow to begin with, and while it took a while to get the first difficult tracking shots, the others went smoothly. It made me realise the importance of rehearsing even the smallest of movements and ensuring all actors and crew are aware of what will happen, as I had much suggestion of what to do as I believe my plans were unclear.
The recorder ran low on batteries, but I managed to capture all necessary sounds, and other than the camera man nearly falling of the tracking equipment (we soon realised the speed it could travel at) health and safety went as planned and filming was stopped when cars needed to depart near set.
Due to a very dedicated and helpful crew, I believe if all filming goes as smoothly and well shot as this shoot was my film should be quite spectacular.


No comments:

Post a Comment