Sunday 19 January 2014

Editing: Scene 4 (final scene)

I first thing I did to this scene was add a new orangey yellow solid, and experiment with different blending modes to make it look more like the dark world (right.) Darken and multiply were good, but I settled with overlay witch I think gives this scene a mush more cinematic feel and makes it look other worldly, I feel this simple effect really changes the atmosphere of the scene.
 Next I added another lighting bolt, which this time had a bigger lends flare as the blast had to look powerful enough to knock Loki off his feet. I thought but having the bolt hit him but decided that this was a bit too much and he dosen't look remotely electrified afterwards. I also felt it somehow a bit too violent for the feel I wanted fore my film, true Thor electrocutes Iron Man in the Avengers but this dosen't hurt him, and I think if it did it would set a darker tone to the character.
The last element was to add credits and a simple fly upwards, which by know I know the process very well. I am proud of how my film looks, and while I am currently working on sound if I have time I would like to add a better effect to the teleports and I would also like to transform the opening scene into Jutonheim by giving it a blue solid on overlay (like this scene has) and adding snow. This was also advice I got from the recent interm crit. However, and sound is vital I will complete this first and ensure I have everything completed that the brief requires. Then I will work on improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment